Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 539 - A Series Of Unfortunate Cervelo Events.

July 31, 2014               235.4 lbs

Okay so I said I was finishing work and going to blog more last week, but I ended up getting more work! I don't know what is going on but hey,  .  .  it's better than being unemployed!

 So the very first ride with the new Cervélo P2, (which I have named Snowball!) had a minor set back.  .  .  a flat. As soon as I got to the bottom of Santa Fe Dam and crossed to the San Gabriel River Trail, the front began losing air.

 I never heard a pop or ran over anything.

 Oh well.  .  .

Soon I had the wheel fixed and I was moving down the path. I have to be honest, the rest of the ride was a little sketchy. I was not comfortable in the saddle as my testicles were taking a beating in aero. I was constantly making a mental list of what I need to improve the ride, new saddle, chain, brake calipers, etc.  .  . The brakes in particular feel really crappy so I'm going to upgrade them to Ultegra 6700. The first corner I did at speed almost wiped me out because the front wheel slipped. I don't know how I didn't drop it.
I did another shorter ride later in the week with The Boss, who is just getting into cycling herself. We did two hours and she didn't let the road or cars bother her. I was very proud of her riding with me.

 Also, this past week, I ran for a solid hour for the first time since getting Plantar Fasciiitus in my right heal! The run was fine, no problems.

 I was sore the next morning and worried that I may have re-injured it. (I ran directly past a coyote at one point!) After adding turmeric and a dash of pepper to my smoothie, I was feeling fantastic. The turmeric reduces inflammation and the pepper helps the body process the turmeric.

I watched for signs of my heal getting worse, just to be safe but it did not. I use my M80 foam roller every time I pass it and I am convinced that it is helping break up the inflammation and scar tissue in the bottom of my foot. I stand on it and carefully move slightly forward and back several times.

I rode tonight for one and a half hours in Z2 with five, five minute intervals in Z3.Everything went fine until the end, but I'll get to that.
I got to really enjoy the ride tonight and feel what makes the bike so awesome. I was flying indeed and boy does this bike cut through the wind! I'm not even sure what if anything happened since the first ride, I was just more comfortable.

 Just as I was heading up the big hill in my neighborhood, I noticed the front wheel wasn't as responsive. Sure enough, another flat tire! I was pedaling like crazy trying to get up the hill before I had to get off and walk! I as very concerned that the tire would slip out from under me. Luckily, I made it all the way to my garage. Next stop, Continental Gatorskin tires for both mine and The Boss's wheels.

Here's The Puppy.  .  .
Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment